Tutorials, news, snippets, and other various musings about the electrical engineering industry.
The Latest OrCAD Incremental Release is Available
The newest incremental OrCAD release (17.2 2016 QIR3) is available now. In our effort to constantly be raising the bar, there are many new and exciting features now available including, but not limited to 3D Canvas enhancements in OrCAD PCB Editor. These incremental releases deliver new OrCAD features in between major releases and are available to all customers on maintenance.
OrCAD PCB Editor Updates
Interactive 3D Canvas
Users can now enjoy the new functionalities added to our Interactive 3D Canvas. New features include:
- 3D to 2D move command
- Zone-aware 3D
- 3D collision detection
- Cross-probing 3D view to 2D canvas
Click here to learn more.
OrCAD + SOLIDWORKS = Seamless ECAD MCAD Integration
Users can now easily collaborate with their MCAD peers with our latest upgrade. The newest improvements include:
- Work in your native environment: All changes can be viewed in your native design environment—pull updates directly from SOLIDWORKS to OrCAD and vice versa.
- Instant Updates: Users can now preview mechanical changes as they come in and view in an interactive 3D format in OrCAD
- Bidirectional Integration: SOLIDWORKS can change PCB Design and OrCAD can change SOLIDWORKS 3D rendering
Click here to learn more.
General PCB Editor Enhancements:
- Dynamic Ratsnests Movement: Easily optimize component placement positioning as ratsnets move with your component
- Route Keepout Net Exceptions: Quickly create route keepout groups with shapes
- Visual Route Clearance: Visualize clearance rules in real time while you design
The new enhancements in PSpice Advanced Analysis (AA) allow users to run PSpice AA on existing designs without the need to update any parts/models of the design. The key functional enhancements including:
- Assign global tolerance on device/model parameters
- Assign global tolerance on global variables
- Assign global tolerance on Voltage and Current sources
- Assign global tolerance on sub circuit parameter
- Models downloaded from web can be readily used in Advanced Analysis flows
- Enhancements in PSpiceAA GUI
Click here to watch the Demo Videos.
New PSpice Systems Solution:
The integration of Cadence® PSpice® with MathWorks MATLAB and Simulink provides a complete system-level simulation solution for PCB design and implementation. Utilize PSpice for analog/mixed-signal simulation and perform MATLAB/Simulink behavioral-level modeling, analysis, and visualization in a single, integrated system design and debug environment, improving productivity and accelerating time to market.
Click here to watch the webinar.
This update is available to all users on maintenance. To download the update visit Cadence Downloads.