Tutorials, news, snippets, and other various musings about the electrical engineering industry.
Top 10 Blog Posts for 2017
It’s that time of year again where we here at EMA stop to look at what content our readers found the most helpful. We have covered numerous topics this year from quick tutorials to top 10 lists (and even cheat sheets). As we approach the new year, we wanted to pull together our 10 most popular posts—helping you get 2018 started on the best possible foot with OrCAD.
We hope you enjoy reading these and if there is a topic you are interested in learning more about let us know.
- Configuring Part Property Display in OrCAD Capture CIS Part Manager
Ever wonder how to customize Capture CIS Part Manager view with different properties? Did you know there is a menu item in OrCAD Capture CIS that will allow you to do this? This post shows you how to do this, step by step.
- Top 4 Open Source Boards: Raspberry Pi, Arduino, BeagleBoard, and Intel.
Evaluating open source boards for your next project? This blog posts discusses the top four companies we believe produces some of the top open source technologies.
- Adding Auto-Properties to your OrCAD Capture Title Block
Need to see the actual OrCAD Capture page name, schematic name, or other properties on the schematic page? This post walks you through the steps on how to do this easily.
- Quick Tutorial: Adding a Random Noise Source in PSpice
In this post, we run through three different randomization functions supported in Pspice as well as when and how you can use them.
- Allegro Keyboard Shortcut Cheat Sheet
Get a downloadable cheat sheet which includes common shortcuts Allegro users can utilize in an easy-to-read, infographic format. There is also an additional bonus sheet with additional shortcuts.
- Quick Tutorial: Visualizing Trace Impedance and Coupling on any PCB Design (No Models Required)
Learn how to perform screening on your entire board to identify trace impedance or coupling issues in your designs.
- How to Perform Signal Integrity Analysis on Nets in OrCAD PCB Designer Professional
This post walks you through the steps needed for you to perform signal integrity analysis from your OrCAD PCB board file using only your OrCAD PCB Professional License.
- OrCAD Capture Keyboard Shortcut Cheat Sheet
Another downloadable cheat sheet which includes common shortcuts Capture users utilize frequently in an infographic format.
- Quick Tutorial: Graphing the Open Loop Gain of a Circuit in PSpice
See how PSpice can help you to quickly and easily plot the open loop gain of a circuit in just a few minutes.
- Locking User Assigned Reference Designators
This post shows you why there can be reference designators in your designs that are underlined and how to annotate your designs more effectively using the preserve feature in OrCAD Capture.
Any topics you would like to see more (or less) of in the new year? Let us know.