Updates, recent news, and official EMA press releases.
EMA and Arena Solutions Form Strategic Alliance Yielding a Tighter Integration
EMA Design Automation® (ema-eda.com), a full-service provider of Electronic Design Automation (EDA) solutions, and Arena Solutions, the pioneer of cloud-based Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) applications, today announced that they have formed a strategic alliance combining Arena PLM with EMA’s data management solution for Cadence® OrCAD® to improve the overall user experience.
“Many of our customers are using Arena PLM today,” said Manny Marcano, president and CEO of EMA. “By establishing this strategic alliance, our mutual customers can be assured that their product lifecycle data and their work in progress engineering data are in sync and work together as a unified system.”
The OrCAD and Arena integration provides a number of benefits for organizations using both systems. Components from the enterprise PLM system are available directly within the OrCAD Capture CIS design environment making search, selection, and placement very simple. Parts listed as obsolete in the PLM system can be easily identified and swapped out in an OrCAD design. All parts added to a design are assured to be approved and preferred components. With a complete design containing accurate component information, OrCAD users can create zero touch BOMs because all required component information comes directly from their enterprise PLM system. Finally these BOMs are easily imported into Arena PLM for sharing with the rest of the organization.
Arena PLM provides product companies with a solution that gives all stakeholders, from internal engineers to key suppliers, access to the product record, ensuring that everyone has a single version of the truth. Because it is delivered as a service via the cloud, Arena deploys, scales and connects to the extended supply chain effortlessly. Plus, Arena is constantly updating the solution with new modules that add even more value. In the past 18 months, Arena has released:
- Arena Scribe: Gives customers an easy-to-use collaboration platform that provides a real-time commenting page available on any Arena Item, Change, Request, Supplier, Supplier Item, File, Project or Quality process;
- Arena Quality: Enables all stakeholders, including the extended supply chain, to participate in the quality process, which is available directly from the product record;
- Arena Demand: Provides manufacturers with visibility into their parts inventory to calculate aggregated component needs for their entire product portfolio, allowing them to better negotiate with their suppliers and contract manufacturers;
- Arena Projects: Connects the project schedule directly to the product record to increase visibility and accountability for new product introductions, quality improvement processes and cost reduction projects; and
- Arena Exchange: Offers OEMs a secure, flexible and traceable environment for collaboration with multiple users at different supplier levels throughout their global supply chain.
With Arena, technology, medical device and other product companies can speed prototyping, reduce scrap, and streamline supply chain management to collapse time to market.
“Improving the integration between OrCAD and Arena helps companies design products with fewer iterations, saving time, avoiding errors, and eliminating manual entry,” said Steve Chalgren, vice president of product management and strategy at Arena. “This allows companies to bring products to market faster, reduce prototyping and scrap, and collaborate on product changes with strategic partners across the globe.”
About Arena Solutions
Arena pioneered cloud PLM applications. The Arena PLM suite of products including their flagship, BOMControl , as well as their ground-breaking Scribe and Exchange collaboration solutions enable engineering and manufacturing teams and their extended supply chains to speed prototyping, reduce scrap, and streamline supply chain management. Arena PLM applications simplify bill of materials and change management for companies of all sizes and offer the right balance of flexibility and control at every point in the product lifecycle — from prototype to full-scale production. Based in Foster City, Calif., Arena has been ranked as a Top 10 PLM solution and also holds a spot on the San Francisco Bay Area’s Best and Brightest Companies to Work For List for 2014. Visit Arena at http://www.arenasolutions.com.