Updates, recent news, and official EMA press releases.
EMA Offers Expanded Power IC Model Library for Cadence PSpice
EMA Design Automation™ (ema-eda.com), a full-service provider of Electronic Design Automation (EDA) solutions, and AEi Systems, a world leader in power electronics modeling, analysis and design, today announced version 4.1 of the AEi Systems’ Power IC Model Library for the Cadence® PSpice® simulator with over 550 high fidelity and correlated simulation models for power electronic designs. “A lot of our customers simulate power supplies and other types of high powered circuitry,” said Manny Marcano, president and CEO of EMA. “This update to the power IC model library will make it easier for our PSpice customers to obtain high quality bench tested models.”
The Power IC Model Library includes model netlists in PSpice syntax, schematic symbols for both Cadence OrCAD® Capture and legacy schematics, and a set of example application circuits for many of the IC models. All models are compatible with OrCAD Capture version 16.x software.
New in version 4.1:
- Semiconductors: Power FETs, BJTs, Diodes, Zener Diodes, Varactors, and MOVs
- Tantalum Capacitors and Inductors
- Opamps and Comparators
- Opto-Couplers: Triac, IGBT, and BJT Outputs
- LED Models
The Power IC Model Library also includes:
- Popular parts: UCC3895, xx117, UC384x, UC152x, UCC380x, LT124x, UC182x, UC1846, TL431, and IR2110
- Nonlinear Magnetic Cores, Transformers, Opto-Couplers and MOVs
- BJTs, Diodes, Zener Diodes, Varactors, Tantalum Capacitors, MOSFETs
- Models for parts from Texas Instruments, Intersil, ON Semiconductor, Linear Technology, International Rectifier, Micrel, Vishay, and others
Version 4.1 of the Power IC Model Library is being offered at the same price as the previous version: $1,995, plus a yearly maintenance of $495. More details are available at ema-eda.com, including a list of the components and documentation detailing the models’ accuracy and performance.
About AEi Systems
AEi Systems is a world leader in SPICE modeling, worst-case analysis, failure and reliability analysis, and power systems analysis and design. AEi Systems is headquartered in Los Angeles, California and serves nearly every significant IC and aerospace manufacturer, as well as many of their customers. For more information on AEi Systems, please call 310-216-1144 or visit the AEi Systems website at AENG.com.