Solid State Logic Customer Success Story: Mitigating Design Risks Quickly via Scalable Circuit Simulation with PSpice and OrCAD Solutions
About Solid State Logic
Whether you’re listening to your favorite album, rocking out at a live concert, or watching the evening news, your experience wouldn’t be as enjoyable without excellent sound quality. One of the leaders behind this sound quality is Oxfordshire, UK-based Solid State Logic. Founded in 1969, the professional audio manufacturer develops analog and digital mixing and sound consoles for studio, live, and broadcast environments.
Some products are entirely analog designs, while others are mixed signal. Complex design sub-circuits, such as preamplifiers, consist of up to 100 discrete components that contribute to product differentiation.
- Mitigate risks by achieving first-time-right circuit designs prior to fabrication
- Support product cycle with frequent updates and aggressive time-to-market targets
- OrCAD® PSpice® Designer
- OrCAD Capture CIS
- Allegro® PCB Designer
- Allegro Sigrity™ SI
- Use hierarchical simulation capability in OrCAD PSpice Designer to model microphone preamplifier circuits
- Take advantage of benchmark simulations to evaluate circuit behavior under different environmental conditions, like extreme temperatures
- Circuit simulations with PSpice delivered accurate results that enabled first-time-right designs that meet tight time-to-market targets
- Eliminated need to created complex simulation models, thereby saving weeks to months per design
- Enhanced ability to capture market opportunities by releasing new products and product upgrades quickly
- Accelerated design process and better cost control through enhanced component management