BQR’s fiXtress is a superior Design for Reliability (DfR) suite that integrates with OrCAD. fiXtress™ is the only tool that integrates design error detection with electrical stress, thermal, MTBF, and service life predictions at the schematic level. This allows designers to detect potential critical errors before beginning the PCB layout.
- Improves design robustness by detecting errors during schematic review
- Corrects hard-to-detect design errors before fab-out
- Streamlines the design process
- Plug-in for OrCAD Capture, suitable for any analog or digital PCB design
- Applicable for all industries requiring highly reliable electronics boards
The powerful fiXtress toolkit provides the the following capabilities:
- Simple MTBF (Mean Time Between Failures) calculations according to Mil HDBK-217F2 Parts Count and Telcordia SR-332 issue 3 Parts Count & Parts Stress.
- BOM is automatically created from the schematic.
- Full excel reports are generated.
- The tool includes a components library utility with an easy method of defining new components for reuse.
- Back annotation of the components MTBF (Failure Rate) to the schematic.
- Easy connection to BQR’s fiXtress provides additional design simulation tools such as: automated schematic review, automated electrical stress derating and thermal analysis.
- Additional Reliability and Safety engineering tools are available on www.bqr.com:
- Electrical Stress Derating
- FMEA: Failure Modes Effects Analysis
- FMECA: Failure Modes Effects and Criticality Analysis
- FTA: Fault Tress Analysis
- RBD: Redundancy/Reliability Block Diagram