Today’s design must adhere to certain rules to ensure functionality. While some rules will vary based on the technology utilized in the design, all PCBs have similar basic requirements. In this Constraints for Every Design Workshop, you will learn how to configure commonly used rules, manage engineering change orders, and efficiently reuse rules to streamline the PCB design process.
Duration: 3 Hours
Software Requirements: OrCAD PCB Designer Professional
Prerequisites: Basic Knowledge of OrCAD Capture and OrCAD PCB Designer.
The Constraints for Every Design workshop will teach you:
- A general overview of the constraint manager
- Commonly used terms during rule assignment
- How to modify the default constraints in OrCAD PCB Designer
- How to create and assign constraint sets
- How to determine and configure rules for power and ground
- How to determine and configure rules for differential pairs
- How to manage Engineering Change Orders (ECOs) and communicate rule changes between the schematic and PCB
- How to reuse rules with technology files
See an overview of the constraint workshops here: