In PCB design, noise can have a detrimental effect on signal quality and overall design functionality. This noise is often attributed to common signal integrity issues such as coupling; however, problems in the Power Delivery Network may actually be the source of noise. As frequency increases, any discontinuities or electrical imperfections in the return path can cause noise that is difficult to identify. Improve signal and power integrity by creating a robust and continuous path to ground with Return Path Analysis in Sigrity Aurora.
Duration: 30 minutes
Software Requirements: Sigrity Aurora
Prerequisites: There are none for this course.
- How to setup a return path analysis
- How to create directed group for simulation
- How to perform a return path analysis
- How to evaluate the return path quality factor
- How to analyze the return path on the PCB