Cadence Allegro and OrCAD 17.2-2016 Hardware and Software Requirements
This section describes the system requirements for Windows.
Cadence Allegro and OrCAD products are integrated directly with Windows; the products support hardware and peripherals supported by Windows. A list of hardware and peripherals officially supported by Windows can be obtained from the Microsoft web page.
The products require updating certain Microsoft libraries in the Windows directory. You must install the Cadence software using either a standalone install or a client install. You may not be able to point to the software without installing.
- Microsoft® Windows® 7 Professional, Enterprise, Ultimate or Home Premium (64-bit); Windows 8 (64-bit) (All Service Packs); Windows 10 (64-bit); Windows 2008 R2 Server; Windows 2012 Server (All Service Packs).
- Note: Cadence Allegro and OrCAD (Including EDM) products do not support Windows 7 Starter and Home Basic. In addition, Windows Server support does not include support for Windows Remote Desktop. Windows RT and Tablets are not supported.
- Microsoft® Internet Explorer® 11.0 or later
- Intel® Pentium® 4 or AMD Athlon XP 2000 with multi-core CPU
- 8 GB RAM
- Virtual memory at least twice physical memory
- 50 GB free disk space
- 1,024 x 768 display resolution with true color (16-bit color)
- Broadband Internet connection for some service
- Ethernet card (for network communications and security hostID)
- Three-button Microsoft-compatible mouse
- Intel® Core™ 2 Duo 2.66 GHz or AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200+
- Note: Faster processors are preferred.
- 8 GB RAM
- 500 GB free disk space
- 1,280 x 1024 display resolution with true color (at least 32bit color)
- A dedicated graphics card
- Dual monitors
- Broadband Internet connection for some services
Network Interface Cards (NICs)
A network interface card (NIC) is the preferred locking method used in licensing to enable the products to run on a computer. Each NIC is programmed with an address that is sufficiently unique to enable its use as a hardware lock.
You can use the NIC in a laptop computer as your locking method, but you should be aware that in some laptops NICs are disabled if the laptops are not attached to a network. If your laptop’s NIC is disabled, you will not be able to run any products.
If your locking method is a dongle, attach the dongle to the appropriate parallel or USB port of the computer before you begin the installation. Click Cancel when the Windows generated Found New Hardware dialog appears. The dongle drivers will automatically install during the License Manager Installation.
The following dongle is supported for Release 17.2-2016:
- FLEXid USB dongle (version 9, flexid9)
Cadence License File
In order to run the Cadence Allegro and OrCAD products, you must have a valid license file (LICENSE.TXT) issued by Cadence.
Note: The ADW product line, individual ADW products, and product family names have been rebranded in Release 17.2-2016. Allegro Design Workbench (ADW) is now referred to as Allegro Engineering Data Management (EDM).